Today is World Contraception Day 2012. In recognition, I’d like to call your attention to a sample of our writings discussing the ways in which the freedom to choose whether and how to prevent conception can save and improve the lives of women and their children.
- Contraception Reduces Abortion: The Evidence and Contraception does not increase abortion
- What new research on hormonal contraceptives means for family planning freedom – on possible risks posed by particular forms of contraception, and how fully informed consent is crucial to empowering women to choose the best method for their particular circumstances.
- Contraception: Hidden access issues – reasons why widespread availability of contraception does not automatically translate into the ability for every woman to use her preferred method consistently.
- 15 warning signs of reproductive coercion (and 6 steps you can take to protect your health)
- Slutshaming Disrespects Life – why attacking Sandra Fluke as a “slut” for standing up for birth control access is wrong, anti-woman, and anti-life.
- Family Planning Freedom is Prolife – a PowerPoint presentation discussing these issues and more. En español: La planificación familiar libre es pro-vida.
We are also participating in discussions on Twitter using the hashtags #sheparty and #WCD2012. Join us!